About Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) is a public university located in eastern Anglia, UK. It originates from Cambridge School of Art, founded in 1858 by William John Beamont. In 1992, it became a university and was renamed in 2005, after John Ruskin.
It is a career-focused university with on-campus employment services that run a curriculum notice and interview workshops along with company visits and sector-based events.
Students from more than 185 countries are greeted by Anglia Ruskin University. There are worldwide 39,400 students and campuses in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Peterborough and London.
It shares with universities from all over the world such as Berlin, budget, Trinidad, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur, and the West Angling College in King's Lynn, Wisbech and Cambridge.
There's more than 500 courses to choose from at ARU. The Cambridge campus of Anglia Ruskin has only one of nine optometry schools in the UK, and it has its own optometry clinic.
In the latest Framework for Research Excellence, Anglia Ruskin was regarded as having the world's leading research in the following areas and subjects:
- Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy
- Architecture, Built Environment and Planning
- Art and Design: History, Practice and Theory
- Business and Management Studies
- Communication, Cultural and Media Studies, Library and Information Management
- English Language and Literature
- Geography, Environmental Studies and Archaeology
- Music, Drama, Dance and Performing Arts
- Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience
- Social Work and Social Policy
Anglia Ruskin University Campus
In Cambridge, Chelmsford, Peterborough and London, ARU has four main modern campuses, located less than an hour from London. It also has numerous partners and institutions throughout the UK and worldwide. Peterborough, specialized in healthcare and social services, is the smallest campus.
Facilities in Campus
- Cambridge Campus
- 24/7 Libraries
- TV studio
- editing suites
- professional equipment loan facilities,
- theatre and art gallery
- mock law court,
- public law clinic, f
- orensic science labs,
- industry-standard labs for gaming, music, sports etc
- Mock hospital wards, specialist simulation theatre
- Super-labs for those studying healthcare
- Mock law court
- Specialist spaces for 3D printing,
- Architectural technology design,
- Engineering and building surveying.
- specialist health library
- superb modern skills lab
- Five storey building dedicated for teaching
- Computer labs
- student common room and cafeteria.
- Cambridge is located just 50 miles (80 km) north of London, central to the rest of East Anglia. The town is surrounded by heritage villages, towns and ancient monuments (such as Ely, Peterborough and Grantchester) on all sides, all within easy journey
- In the beautiful landscape of Essex, just a 35minute train drive from London, Chelmsford is a very busy, welcoming town along the banks of the river. A plethora of bars and restaurants, great shopping and a lively event calendar make Chelmsford a popular destination for students.
- Both Cambridge and Chelmsford have recently been ranked in the UK's top ten best places to live.
- Peterborough is a small, attractive town with excellent connections to the surrounding capital and countryside. There are plenty of independent bars and cafés for students to spend time with friends around.
- London, with its countless artworks, music, sports, restaurants and nightlife, is aptly called the most diverse city in the world. London offers a unique multicultural experience and is one of the most popular student destinations in the world with a total students population of about 380.000 from over 100 countries.
Anglia Ruskin University Accommodation
- ARU provides residence halls and homes on and off campus within 2 km of Cambridge campus.
- A number of halls and group houses and YMCA housing can be found in Cambridge.
- Across the Chelmsford campus there is also a student community. Students can switch between en-suite bathrooms, shared bathrooms or living rooms. Each space is self catering.
- Students may apply to stay in nearby homes and apartments in Peterborough.
Anglia Ruskin University Awards
- The Times Higher Education Awards 2014 was awarded to Entrepreneurial University of the Year.
- Won the Duke of York Award at the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards 2016 for University Entrepreneurship.
Anglia Ruskin University Ranking
- The Times Higher Education World Colleges 2020 rankings Anglia Ruskin ranks among the 300 world's best universities and 41st in UK.
- Teaching Quality
- ARU has been awarded a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
Student Teacher Ratio
- Faculty of Business and Law,
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences,
- Faculty of Health, Education, Medicine & Social Care
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
Study Options Available
- Animal Sciences
- Architecture, construction and surveying
- Art & design
- Business, marketing and finance
- Computer games
- Computer science and digital technology
- Crime and investigation
- English studies and writing
- Film and media
- Health and medical sciences
- History, philosophy and social studies
- Music and performing arts
- Nursing and midwifery
- Social work
Why Anglia Ruskin University
- Consistent in Ranking : The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020 named one of the top 350 institutions worldwide for the fourth consecutive year.
- Teaching Excellence : In The Times and The Sunday Times Good University guide 2017, ranked in the top 20 universities for teaching excellence,
- University Entrepreneurship Award :Won the Duke of York Award for University Entrepreneurship.
- Global Recoginition: The only UK university to be named a global 'rising star'.
How to Reach? Or Travel
The nearest airports to all of the main Anglia Ruskin sites are Cambridge and London Stansted while the university's regular railway services connect the rest of the UK.
Main campus of Anglia Ruskin is 10 minutes 'walk from downtown Cambridge. Cambridge is a small town with most amenities and good bus services, accessible by foot or bicycle. The city is easily accessible by train and takes approximately one hour to London. The airport is 30 minutes from London Stansted International Airport by train.
The campus in Chelmsford is only a 35-minute train journey from London and 40 km from the main campus in Cambridge.
The Guild House campus in Peterborough is situated across the river from the city center with all of its attractions and transportation connections. Leeds are 1.5 hours away by train, while London King's Cross is a 50-minute train journey away.
London Campus is located in the heart of central London at 19 Charterhouse Street, EC1N. The proximity of both Chancery Lane (Central Line) and Farringdon (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Metropolitan Underground and First Capital Connect rail services) stations makes ARU London very easy to reach.
Anglia Ruskin University Tuition Fees
|Medicine and HealthCare (3 Courses)
||1 Year - 3 Year
||GBP 10300 - GBP 12500
|MBA (1 Courses)
|Engineering (3 Courses)
||1 Year - 3 Year
||GBP 12500 - GBP 13100
|Science (5 Courses)
||1 Year - 3 Year
||GBP 11700 - GBP 14500
|Law (2 Courses)
|Media Films (3 Courses)
||GBP 13900 - GBP 14500
|Information Technology (IT) (3 Courses)
||12 Month - 4 Year
||GBP 12500 - GBP 14500
|Banking & Finance (1 Courses)
|Management (5 Courses)
||12 Month - 3 Year
||GBP 3350 - GBP 13700
Anglia Ruskin University Entry Requirements
|Banking & Finance
|Information Technology (IT)
||IELTS , PTE
|Medicine and HealthCare
||IELTS , PTE
Anglia Ruskin University Financial Aid
- International students applying for full-time admission into undergraduate, postgraduate and research at Anglia Ruskin with exceptional grades stand the chances of being automatically awarded an International Merit Scholarship which is a fee discount. International Merit Scholarship is worth between 1,000 to 2,000 GBP and is automatically awarded to eligible candidates
- Foundation degrees, Degree apprenticeships, distance-learning or work-based degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificates, and students admitted into a Masters program with credit are excluded from the merit scholarships
- Anglia Ruskin University also offer sports scholarships to international students at the podium and elite level worth 12,500 GBP and 1,000 GBP respectively for competing in performance sports of volleyball and basketball – in exceptional circumstances. This scholarship is available at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and it is open all year-round
- Most scholarships awarded by ARU are automatic. Students do not need to apply for it as their eligibility for these scholarships are cross-checked during the application process
- Other International scholarships awarded by Anglia Ruskin University to international students include:
- International Alumni Scholarship worth 3,000 GBP for international students who completed an undergraduate program at the school and are applying for a postgraduate program. The scholarship is a fee discount and will be deducted from the tuition fees.
- MBA Scholarship worth 2,000 GBP to 4,000 GBP tuition fee reduction automatically awarded to international study undertaking an MBA course.
- International excellence scholarships worth 4,000 GBP for students studying an undergraduate or postgraduate taught program who can demonstrate not just academic exceptionality but also extra-curricular achievement. Applicants are required to complete an application form and submit a 500-word statement of purpose stating his/her suitability for the scholarship.
- GREAT Scholarships Campaign worth 10,000 GBP available to passport holders from Thailand and China who are in the first year of their postgraduate study to support their first-year cost of study. Eligible applicants must have received an offer of admission to pursue a full-time postgraduate taught course starting in September 2020.
- With exception to alumni scholarship, students can combine some of the ARU scholarships with one other scholarships
- Syd Barrett and David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)
- Michael Ashcroft, Baron Ashcroft (Investor, billionaire and former vice chairman of the Conservative party)
- Shoo Rayner (author and illustrator)
- Patrick Le Quément (former chief designer, Renault)
English Language Requirements :
- IELTS – 6.0 or equivalent with No band less than 5.5
- TOEFL – 80 overall and a minimum of 17 in Writing and Listening, 18 in Reading and 20 in Speaking.
- PTE – 57 overall with a minimum of 51 in all components.
- IELTS – 6.5 or equivalent with No band less than 5.5
- TOEFL – 88 overall and a minimum of 17 in Writing and Listening, 18 in Reading and 20 in Speaking
- PTE – 61 overall with a minimum of 51 in all components.
The Entry Requirements may Defer for few Programs.
Anglia Ruskin University Highlights
|Type of Institute
||UG, PG and doctorate degree
|Mode of application
||Scholarships, loans and grants
Anglia Ruskin University Average Tuition Fees And Other Expenses
The estimated cost of attendance for the 2020/2021 academic session is presented on the table below:
|Tuition (Undergraduate and Postgraduates)
||13,500 – 16,200
|Books and Stationery
|Personal (Toiletries, laundry, etc.)
||22,635 - 25,335