About Bachelor Of Science - Mathematics in Cape Breton University
- Mathematics is offered in the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts Community Studies and Bachelor of Science.
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- Degree Options: Honours, Major, Minor
Math relates to everything. It’s an incredibly versatile subject, leveraged to solve the world’s most complex issues in diverse fields like medicine, management, economics, government, computer science, physics, psychology, engineering and social sciences. Math is always evolving, pushing the boundaries of our knowledge in art and science, allowing us to make new discoveries.
What Is The Study of Mathematics?
Mathematicians find solutions that others can’t. Math emerged from the earliest civilizations, using counting, geometry and architecture. Since then, mathematicians continue to make a lasting contribution to society.
In recent years, new connections between mathematics and the physical sciences have been responsible for many important advances of our time. We need an understanding of mathematics now more than ever, with new areas of application and the development of new theories constantly pushing the boundaries of our knowledge.
Why Study Mathematics At CBU?
Get the right tools to solve problems.
- The skills you pick up studying Math at CBU are useful in a range of fields like physical and health sciences to business, arts and law.
- Recent studies show the most satisfying and high paying jobs involve mathematics in some capacity
- Mathematics teaches you to think logically and use analytical reasoning to create the right conditions to resolve a problem
- With the application of number theory to cryptography, analysis to physics, differential equations and probability to biology, psychology and finance
Entry requirement for international students
Students must require graduation from an academic secondary school program or equivalent with an average of “C” in five, senior academic-level/university preparatory courses with English and four additional courses.
Paper-Based Test: 550
Computer-Based Test: 213
Internet-Based Test: 80
Overall Score: 6.5
No Band Below: 6.0
Cape Breton University Highlights
|Type of university
|Diploma and Certificate Programs
|Tuition per academic year for Undergraduate International Students
|Test scores accepted
Cape Breton University The Average Tuition Fees And Other Expenses
For international candidates aspiring to study at the university, it is mandatory to have an estimate of the cost of living in Canada to survive comfortably in a foreign land. Below is the estimated tuition and student fees for the Fall/Winter 2019 – 2020 presented-
||2,012 (for six credit course)
|International differential fees
|International medical plan
Note: The graduate fee depends on the number of courses offered by the students. Thus, graduate students should expect to pay more than 400% of the above-stated fees