About Bsc (hons) In Computing With English Language in Dundalk Institute of Technology
The BSc (Honours) in Computing with English Language has been developed to offer students a strong mix of both Computing and the English language. This exciting four-year degree is aimed at international students who wish to study Computing in an English speaking country.
The BSc (Honours) in Computing with English Language has been developed to offer students a strong mix of both Computing and the English language. This exciting degree is aimed at international students who wish to study Computing in an English speaking country. The BSc (Honours) in Computing with English Language is a four-year course.
The course is, in the core, identical to the BSc (Hons) in Computing, but offers a specialisation in the English language instead of an elective stream. This course aims to develop graduates who: - Are capable of designing, building and maintaining software; - Have an awareness and appreciation of the culture and society of modern English speaking countries; - Have the capacity for critical thinking, independent learning and self-correction in the English language. Is this course right for me?
This course has been developed to offer students a strong mix of both Computing and English language. This programme will probably suit you if you answer yes to all of the following questions:
- Do you like solving logical problems?
- Do you like new technologies?
- Are you curious about English speaking societies?
- Do you want to work in an international or multinational environment?
Graduates of the course will have a detailed knowledge of software design and development and will be equipped to follow career paths in the various Irish and global software development industries.
Additionally, graduates will have a high level of proficiency in English. We live in an increasingly mobile and multicultural global workforce and English is the internationally accepted language of the computing industry. Therefore, your career prospects are greatly enhanced with an increased fluency in the English language.
Typical career opportunities include:
- Software Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Web Developer
- Database Developer
- Mobile App Developer
- Cloud Developer
This programme is only available to:
- Students who have been resident in a non-English speaking country while at primary and secondary school.
- Students who have attended only non-English speaking schools at primary and secondary level.
- Students who have not lived for a total period of more than 12 months in the EU.
- Students who have passed the equivalent of the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Level 6.0 English language examination. (Acceptable equivalent qualifications include successful completion of the DkIT Foundation Certificate in English Language and Western Culture or the DkIT English Language entrance examination that is used by DkIT examiners in China).