Creative Broadcast & Film Production – Bsc (honours)
Duration : 4 Years
Intake : Sep
Level : Undergraduate
Tuition & fees : € 10,250 Per Year
IELTS : 5.5
TOEFL : 0
PTE : 0
About this course
What is the programme about?
Explore the dynamic world of Film & Broadcast Media Production and develop the key creative, technical, and storytelling skills to succeed with LIT’s four-year BS.c (Hons) in Creative Broadcast & Film Production.
This skills based programme offers students an exciting opportunity to explore the world of the broadcast media industry, covering a range of disciplines across Film & TV Production, Visual Effects, editing, radio, audio mixing, photography, as well as broadcast technologies across a range of new and traditional media platforms.
We offer our students a range of prospects for both academic & career progression in the broadcast, film, creative media industries, as well as extensive hands on production work experience. If you have a story to tell, we will show you how.
Features of the programme:
• Industry led Production & Post Production Practices;
• Digital Photography & Cinematography Techniques;
• Creative Design for CGI, VFX & Digital Art Direction;
• Participate in the Limerick International Film Festival (Hosted by the film production course).
• Work in our state of the art Millennium Theatre on a range of live events.
• Work on Wired FM - our student Radio Station;
• Industry Tours & Award winning Visiting Lecturers;
• Industry work experience – (Year 3)
• Modules driven by dedicated staff with strong industry & academic careers;
• Outstanding graduate employment opportunities in the Film & Broadcast industries.
Who is the programme suited to?
If you are interested in filmmaking and storytelling on screen, this programme aims to develop the practical creative and technical skills and knowledge you will need to succeed in the dynamic world of film and broadcast production across a range of screen platforms.
Completion of this programme will allow you to have an advanced career in the areas of: Camera Operations, Sound Recording, Lighting Operator, Radio, Research & Production Assistant, Sound Engineering & Mixing, Data Wrangling, VFX & Motion Graphics, Games Development, Foley & Sound Effects, Photography, Production Assistant Live Events, Post Production Video Editor, CGI Digital Art Direction, Multimedia Promotions & Event Management. Alternatively, you can continue to Masters and PhD studies, either in LIT or other institutes and universities.