About International Nursing And Leadership in De Montfort University
This programme focuses on leadership and responding to global health challenges. It has been designed to meet the needs of overseas nurses who have demonstrated excellence in their field and have an aspiration to lead healthcare services in the future.
The topics you’ll study on this course include research methods for health professionals, leadership in contemporary healthcare, health promotion and public health, leadership in practise, and global approaches to healthcare. Studying each of these subjects will help equip you with the knowledge and skills to undertake an independent dissertation, on a topic of your choice, related to leadership and nursing, supported by our experienced academic supervisory team.
Expertise in the programme team includes leadership, organisation development, and methodological expertise including systematic review with significant contributions to Cochrane, the leading journal and database for systematic reviews in healthcare.
Graduates of the International Nursing and Leadership programme will develop the knowledge and skills required to pursue their future careers in senior positions in healthcare.
- Enhance your career in the international healthcare industry with a course specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage and lead
- Learn in an institution with more than 50 years of nursing experience and study in one of the fastest growing international communities in the UK
- Broaden your understanding of the global challenges facing nursing and nurse leaders, and develop insights into other healthcare systems
- Develop invaluable skills to enhance healthcare services and patient care in your home country
- Be taught by a team with experience in qualitative approaches and inter-professional working. You’ll learn from experts in the field, with areas of research expertise including family history of coronary heart disease, reducing health inequalities among patients with long-term illnesses in society and childhood asthma.
- Undertake research supervised by an experienced academic supervisor.
A Bachelor's degree with 50%-60%, depending on the university you have studied at and the course you are applying for.
- Nursing registration with the Professional Statutory Regulatory Body in the student’s home country;
- Evidence of recent practice experience (in the last 18 months);
- A first degree in a relevant subject area (minimum 2:2);
- IELTS 6.5 in all criteria
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements above, but have significant experience and other evidence of ability to study at this level will also be considered.
Work experience: If an applicant has not studied on an academic course within the last 5 years, they may be asked to undertake an academic piece of writing as part of the selection process.
English language requirements: Applicants who do not meet the English language requirements may be offered support on an English language course prior to commencing the programme.
Interview: Applicants will be required to have a Skype interview as part of the selection process.
De Montfort University Highlights
|Type of Institution
|Number of Campuses
|Number/Percentage of International Students
|Total number of Professors
|Student Satisfaction Rate
|Graduate Job Rate
|Number of Residence Vacancy
||Undergraduates- £13240 (annual) Postgraduates- £15950 (annual)
|Number of Academic Programs
||UG, PG, Part time, distance, blended
|Mode of Program
||Full time, distance and online
|Average Graduate Salary
||19800 pounds a year
De Montfort University The tuition fee (In GBP) for various programs is tabulated below:De Montfort University Average Cost
|Field of Study
|Art, Design and Humanities:
|Business and Law
||£13,750 - £14,250
|Health and Life Sciences
||£13,250 - £14,250
De Montfort University The Average Tuition Fees and Other Expenses
||Estimated cost in pounds
|Undergraduate tuition fee
|Postgraduate tuition fee
|On campus accommodation
|Average cost of living
||97-110 per week
DMU International Scholarship up to 1500 pounds
- TEF Gold Outstanding Alumni Scholarship up to 3000 pounds
- Leicester Castle Business School Scholarships:
- Global MBA Scholarship £3,000 - £5,000
- Full Postgraduate Scholarship
- LGBTQ + Allies Scholarship-two fully funded post graduate taught scholarship packages including full fee weaver and maintenance bursary.
- Vice Chancellor's Sports Scholarship- three different scholarship packages are available with eligible students being awarded up to 6000 pounds of support.