About Marketing & Management – Bbs (honours) in Limerick Institute of Technology
What is the programme about?
This four year ab-initio programme is a cutting edge programme designed primarily to prepare students for employment at executive management or marketing level in business, and at the same time provide students with a foundation for either further study or starting their own business venture.
The programme is a marriage of business management with marketing, fostering a spirit of independent and innovative thinking with a sound understanding of theoretical issues and the ability to put these theories into practice. Project work forms a large element of the programme, with assessments ranging from practicals, presentations, written reports, individual work, group work, exams, case studies and joint-assignments between a number of modules.
This programme has been recognised by the Teaching Council as fulfilling its degree requirement for registration as a post-primary teacher, subject to the complete programme of study being undertaken at LIT. As with any other degree, a teaching qualification such as the Professional Diploma in Education is also required.
Who is the programme suited to?
This programme is suitable for people who have an interest in careers as Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Assistant, Brand Manager, Sales Promotion Manager, Advertising/PR Executive, Business Studies Teacher, Marketing Researcher.
Top 3 Reasons
1. Some exemptions are available from the examinations of the following professional bodies:
- The Marketing Institute of Ireland (MII);
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM);
- The Institute of International Trade of Ireland (IITI);
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
2. This programme has been accepted by the Registration Council for Secondary Teachers as fulfilling its Degree requirements for registration, subject to the complete programme of study being undertaken at LIT. As with any other Degree, a teaching qualification such as the H.Dip in Education is also required.
3. This programme was reviewed in 2015 in line with the National Employment Strategy, and aims to equip graduates with the essential skills and knowledge required to find employment in business, or indeed start their own business. The programme includes options, subject to demand, in languages, enterprise development, social, mobile & digital marketing, work psychology, personal and professional development, world culture, global business and more.
Class Contact Hours
18-24 hours per week depending on the year.
This programme is very diverse giving graduates an opportunity to seek employment across various fields, including: Marketing, Strategic Management, Exporting, Sales, Public Relations, Advertising and more.
“I really enjoyed the course overall, the group presentations and projects really made it interesting and helped bring the theory to life”
Leaving Certificate: A minimum of 2 H5 & 4 O6/H7 grades in six Leaving Certificate subjects, including Mathematics and English or Irish. FETAC Applicants and Mature Applicants: Refer to section ‘Entry Requirements’ for further information.
Please visit www.cao.ie for further information on how to apply to this course.
IELTS score for entry to undergraduate courses a minimum score of 5.5