his course will provide you with the latest knowledge and competencies required by the fastest growing global industry: the cloud. Cloud computing has become a multi-billion euro industry and this course offers specialisations in two key areas: Infrastructure (IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service) and Development (SaaS - Software as a Service).
Studying at our state-of-the-art Cloud Competency Centre, you will gain experience with the latest design principles, models, and technologies in cloud computing. The course is delivered by faculty and industry practitioners with proven expertise in cloud computing.
Who is the course for?
This computing course will appeal to computer science or engineering graduates, ICT industry practitioners, system administrators, and those with an interest in gaining practical experience in cloud computing. To be admitted as a student, an applicant must have earned a degree or equivalent qualification at level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications. Students in their final year of undergraduate study can be admitted on the condition that their degrees are awarded before they enrol at NCI.
- Plan and architect highly-scalable computing/data analytics solutions for business and scientific needs
- Design pattern-based application code to run efficiently in a cloud environment
- Evaluate security strategies associated with cloud computing and apply them to ensure the technical sustainability of an organisation
- Migrate from traditional ICT environment to a cloud-based platform
- Manage the process of running an IT department as a cloud enabled business unit
Award and Progression
The Master of Science in Cloud Computing is awarded by QQI at level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications. Students who successfully complete this course may progress to a major award at level 10 on the NFQ. Students may also elect to exit early with the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Cloud Computing at level 9 on the NFQ.
Students need to be available 09.00-18.00 Mon – Fri (class days and times vary).
Please note that exams can be scheduled during the morning, afternoon or evening Monday to Saturday.