About Pharmacy Mpharm (hons) in De Montfort University
Pharmacists are responsible for supplying medicines to patients and giving advice on correct dosage, explaining how to take prescribed drugs, and discussing any potential side effects.
They ensure that the supply of medicines is within the law and suitable for a particular patient, and will liaise with other healthcare professionals or carers to offer help and advice.
Pharmacists also supervise the medicines supply chain and ensure that pharmacy premises and systems are fit for purpose.
With over 100 years of experience, our Leicester School of Pharmacy will help provide you with the practical and professional skills needed to work as a pharmacist. With pharmacy being the third largest healthcare profession in the UK, your career opportunities are extensive and varied.
You’ll study a range of topics including an introduction to pharmacy, cardiovascular/respiratory and infection/inflammation, preparing for practice, professional clinician, integrated patient care and more.
- Benefit from integrated work placements across all four years of the course.
- Our graduates gain rewarding and stimulating careers in all pharmacy sectors – DMU students have gone on to work for major employers such as Boots, Lloyds and Well Pharmacy, and with NHS hospital trusts, primary care contractors, local commissioners, and within the global pharmaceutical industry.
- Learn in our dedicated teaching spaces with industry standard facilities – including a purpose-built practice suite and laboratories – and use our online, objective skills and diagnostic development tool created here at DMU.
- Collaborative working with other future health and social care experts allows students and practitioners from a wide range of professions to learn together through our Inter-Professional Education (IPE), which has been commended as a beacon of good practice by the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Learn about our award-winning, real-world research projects such as our life-changing development of the artificial pancreas, and dried blood-spot analysis.
- Gain international experience related to your studies through our DMU Global programme. Pharmacy students have visited New York to understand the healthcare provision provided by pharmacists in America and learned about the medicinal uses of hemp and cannabis on a trip to Amsterdam.
Personal Statement selection criteria
- Clear communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
- Information relevant to the course applied for
- Interest in the course demonstrated with explanation and evidence
If relevant for the course - work and life experience.
Minimum of 65% average in your four best subjects (excluding Hindi) in Standard 12. We may also check your standard 10 results in English and Maths
If English is not your first language, you will be required to provide an IELTS certificate, or equivalent. Our undergraduate IELTS requirements are:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent when you start the course is essential.
De Montfort University Highlights
|Type of Institution
|Number of Campuses
|Number/Percentage of International Students
|Total number of Professors
|Student Satisfaction Rate
|Graduate Job Rate
|Number of Residence Vacancy
||Undergraduates- £13240 (annual) Postgraduates- £15950 (annual)
|Number of Academic Programs
||UG, PG, Part time, distance, blended
|Mode of Program
||Full time, distance and online
|Average Graduate Salary
||19800 pounds a year
De Montfort University The tuition fee (In GBP) for various programs is tabulated below:De Montfort University Average Cost
|Field of Study
|Art, Design and Humanities:
|Business and Law
||£13,750 - £14,250
|Health and Life Sciences
||£13,250 - £14,250
De Montfort University The Average Tuition Fees and Other Expenses
||Estimated cost in pounds
|Undergraduate tuition fee
|Postgraduate tuition fee
|On campus accommodation
|Average cost of living
||97-110 per week
DMU International Scholarship up to 1500 pounds
- TEF Gold Outstanding Alumni Scholarship up to 3000 pounds
- Leicester Castle Business School Scholarships:
- Global MBA Scholarship £3,000 - £5,000
- Full Postgraduate Scholarship
- LGBTQ + Allies Scholarship-two fully funded post graduate taught scholarship packages including full fee weaver and maintenance bursary.
- Vice Chancellor's Sports Scholarship- three different scholarship packages are available with eligible students being awarded up to 6000 pounds of support.